Wednesday, November 3, 2021

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE

I know that all brands define their target audience. In order to reach my specific target audience I need to know who they are and what their interests are. To achieve this I will create an audience questionnaire to research age, gender, ethnicity, and social class of my target audience. In addition I need to find out what their media needs and wants are so I can create a film that will satisfy them. 

My research started with investigating how brands define audiences in preparation for creating my own audience profile. For example, I saw how Bauer Media, NME and Empire defined audiences. This helped me create an audience profile.

The following points are factors I need to consider when carrying out my research.

1. Who is my primary target audience? Unisex audience in the age range 15-25 but can be applicable to older audiences.

2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer? They would probably like a combination of thriller/horror/action. Cloverfield, Blair Witch Project, IT and the Ritual.

3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films? Netflix, Prime and Sky. They are likely to see information about films through advertisements on TV, YouTube, Internet and Social media. They might also find information spread through influencer power.

4. What brands do they prefer? Odeon, Xbox, Apple, Microsoft, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, JD Sports, Nike, Adidas, Puma, Nandos, Wagamamas, Tesco,

5. What makes my film stand out from the competition? One of our USP's for our film is the found footage we use. Found footage allows our audience to feel connected with the characters as we watch the film through the eyes of one of the characters. With the audience feeling a connection to the characters allows them to create a rapport with them and it feels more personal.

. Why should my audience watch my film?  



1 comment:

PROMO PACK BRIEF

Matthew Heyns 1828 I worked with Sam De Bruin 1815, Finn Hanley 1824 and Ben Richardson 1853 Our brief was to make a promo package, consisti...